Sunday, July 27, 2008

I love Sundays!

I love Sundays! They rejuvenate me. I love waking up early in the morning and taking time to study my scriptures. I love arriving at church early and greeting so many smiling faces of people--just like me--who are imperfect, but who are trying to live the gospel to the best of their ability. I love listening to, and singing, the hymns. They help to rekindle the light of the gospel in my life. I love watching my fellow-laborers as they bless and pass the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper--amazed that because of these individual's personal righteousness (imperfect though they may be) I am able to renew the covenants I have made with my God, and be cleansed, purified, and receive the confirming assurance that the Holy Spirit will be my constant companion through the coming week. I love being edified by the speakers, and the Spirit that attends their words. I love attending Sunday school where we can gather together and discuss the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how to apply it into our daily lives, and to again be instructed and edified by the Spirit--whether I'm a "teacher" or "student" the experience is the same. I love attending Elder's Quorum where we, as brothers, can learn what it means to hold the sacred priesthood of God, and how to better live in such a way that we can be instruments in God's hands, and help to bring forth His marvelous latter-day work. I love singing in the choir and sharing my testimony with my friends, and feeling of their special spirits. I love talking about, in casual conversation, the things of eternity. I love taking the time to ponder and pray and gain direction and inspiration for the things I need to do in my life. I love that it is a day of rest from the cares and pressures of the world, so that, although busy, I feel refreshed and reenergized, and ready to do better, and be better in the coming week. I love being able to call and talk to my family, and to visit with friends, and feel the joy that comes loving people and being loved by them. I love that I have a Heavenly Father who cares about me enough to command that I keep the Sabbath day holy, and by so doing, I may "call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord" and that I may "delight [my]self in the Lord" (see Isaiah 58:12-13). I sure do love Sundays! :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

A perfect post to read this Sunday afternoon. I echo your sentiments and hope to better take advantage of this special day! Thanks, Spencer!

Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew R. said...

I love your post. I feel the same way about Sundays!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home